[Beowulf] Re: Cooler room or cooler servers?

Joshua Halpern jhalpern at howard.edu
Tue Apr 12 05:02:26 PDT 2005

The fluorinerts have huge global warming potentials.  3M is replacing
them with a line called Novec engineered chemicals.  Both were designed
for cleaning and cooling cutting applications

Among the amusing things you could do with fluorinerts was dip working
electronics into them and they would still work.  I have not tried this
with the Novecs

http://products3.3m.com/catalog/us/en001/oil_gas/specialty_materials/node_2CT5BPQWKBge/root_GST1T4S9TCgv/vroot_G1F6DNZDBVge/theme_us_oilgas_3_0/command_AbcPageHandler/output_html
or http://tinyurl.com/4uup6

Josh Halpern