[Beowulf] OS for 64 bit AMD

Greg Lindahl lindahl at pathscale.com
Fri Apr 1 17:50:12 PST 2005

On Fri, Apr 01, 2005 at 08:20:53PM -0500, Joe Landman wrote:

> I am not aware of active support for FC-x for applications from
> commercial program providers.

We support FC3 with our compilers, as well as more conservative and
better supported distros like RHEL and SLES. Lots of our customers are
very willing to run bleeding-edge stuff; commercial folks like
MSC.Nastran are conservative themselves and have conservative
customers.

It actually costs us a fair bit to support FC3 and SUSE 9.3; we are
highly gcc compatible, so we have to be able to parse whatever's in
gcc's include files. gcc-3.4 has lots of new builtins and other
features.

-- greg