[Beowulf] Intel Compiler Veraions?

Jones de Andrade johannes at titus.phy.qub.ac.uk
Sat Sep 18 20:20:51 PDT 2004

	Hi all.

	Well, I basically just reads the messages from tis list, so this
is the first message you have ever seen from me. ;)

>From what Icould get following this list, When the first builds of the
intel compilers verion 8 were released, too many people complainned in
this list about problems. Don't remember quite well on how much of them
concerned about disk usage, but I'm almost sure of a few them concerning
to MEMORY usage. From that, I stayed in version 7.1.

	My question is: from your understandings, How are performing the
intel compilers versions 8.0 AND 8.1 compared to version 7.1 and between
them? Is there any well-known problem, anything that would mean that it
would be a good idea NOT to install them yet? Any performance or excess
usage or funny behavior (things that compiled in 7.1, and do not compile
in 8s, besdes being still in the standards?)?

	Thanks a lot with this subject.

					Jones... ;)