[Beowulf] Re: building a new cluster

SC Huang schuang21 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 3 15:35:10 PDT 2004

A second graph, using 16M grid points, is posted:

http://www.geocities.com/schuang21/index.html

I have repeated the timing several times and confirmed all numbers.
However I still cannot come up with a "theory" to explain the curve for
Opteron in the case of 16M points: beyond 16 processors it goes up at
32 processors and then goes down at 64 processors. But going down is
good anyway... :-)