[Beowulf] choosing a high-speed interconnect

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Thu Oct 28 21:46:56 PDT 2004

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 07:13 am, Chris Sideroff wrote:

>    We run exclusively computation fluid dynamics on it.  One program is
> Fluent the other is an in-house turbo-machinery code.  My experiences so
> far have led me to believe Fluent is much more sensitive to the
> network's performance than the in-house program.  Thus my inquiry into a
> higher performance network.

Fluent is very latency sensitive, and apparently the next release of Fluent
will support Myrinet on Opteron, which will be nice to see.

The list of technologies that they support is at:

http://www.fluent.com/about/news/newsletters/03v12i2_fall/img/a26i1_lg.gif

Yes, that really is an image.. :-/

Chris