[Beowulf] Need Help...!

Kamran Mustafa mkamranmustafa at gmail.com
Sun Oct 24 23:04:52 PDT 2004

Hi,

Thanks alot for the prompt reply. Right at the moment I am asked to
purchased the following for my cluster:

1) MPI/Pro by verari systems
2) PGI CDK Cluster Development Kit by Portland Group

Purchasing 100 processes of MPI/Pro is really very expensive for me.
Similarly, for my 100 processors I have to purchase 256 licences of
PGI CDK because they offer licences in groups of 16/64/256 CPUs. Even
if I purchase 256 licences for just 2 simultaneous counts, it costs me
a lot...

Kindly help me in this issue as soon as possible. I will be thankful to you.

Regards,

Muhammad Kamran Mustafa
I.T. Manager
Centre for Simulation & Modeling,
NED University of Engineering & Technology,
Karachi, Pakistan.
Tel: (9221) 9243261-8 ext 2372
Fax: (9221) 9243248