[Beowulf] Need Help...!

Kamran Mustafa mkamranmustafa at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 22:53:11 PDT 2004

Hi,

I am working as an IT Manager at NED University of Engineering &
Technology, Karachi, Pakistan, and currently managing a Linux based
Cluster of 50 nodes. I just wanted to ask you that how to manage
licensing issues on a beowulf cluster. Lets say, if you want to run an
application software on 50 nodes then will you purchase 50 licenses of
that software or if there is any other alternative to handle this
licensing issue, because purchasing such a huge number of licences
will definitely be very expensive. Actually, I also want to purchase
different software for my 50 noded cluster but purchasing 50 licences
of each software costs me alot, thats why I am in need of your
guidance and kind suggestions.

Regards,

Muhammad Kamran Mustafa
I.T. Manager
Centre for Simulation & Modeling,
NED University of Engineering & Technology,
Karachi, Pakistan.
Tel: (9221) 9243261-8 ext 2372
Fax: (9221) 9243248