[Beowulf] dual Opteron recommendations

Jason Holmes jholmes at psu.edu
Thu Oct 21 11:34:29 PDT 2004

FWIW, we have 80 of the Sun v20z's (Newisys 2100) and we've been very
happy with them (very well built, reliable, and no problems so far).  We
have 16 Angstrom blades with dual Opteron Tyan motherboards (s2882) in
them as well.  They initially had problems, but Tyan figured out the
issue and shipped us replacement motherboards overnight at no cost.

Thanks,

--
Jason Holmes