[Beowulf] Optimal Number of nodes?

Chris LS chliaskos at yahoo.gr
Wed Oct 13 00:10:53 PDT 2004

Hello

   I'm an el. engineering student
  Can anyone help me on the following subject?

   I have to theoritically design a clustered server ,and although most
   parts of the procedure are complete ,i can't find a way to calculate or
   estimate the optimal number of nodes needed . I've spent countless
   hours searching but i can't find anything but very general advices, while
   i'm interested in the exact procedure -if it exists.
   Can anyone give me any related links or any other info on this?

                                                            Thanks in advance !
                                                                       Chris
                                                            chliaskos at yahoo.gr