[Beowulf] Dual Boot in Master and Client

Mark Hahn hahn at physics.mcmaster.ca
Mon Oct 4 21:56:38 PDT 2004

> I would think you could do this with Warewulf.

I didn't look, but I suspect warewulf uses all the usual
open-source tools.

> To switch from Linux to Windows, turn off the dhcpd server on

if warewulf uses pxelinux, you can much more nicely configure
particular nodes to boot with particular default configs,
including different kernels, windows, etc by providing per-node
pxelinux.conf/ files.

> To switch back, you would turn on the dhcpd server on the master,
> and then using some "unknown-to-me" windows utility to remotely

I suspect that cygwin and ssh could do this nicely.  but being
the blunt-object sort of guy, I'd rather reset the windows machines
remotely via IPMI-over-lan ;)