[Beowulf] Register article on Opteron - disagree

Sean Dilda agrajag at dragaera.net
Mon Nov 22 10:13:12 PST 2004

On Mon, 2004-11-22 at 12:52, Robert G. Brown wrote:

> Actually, I'll bet that it is because you post from a different email
> address than you originally joined the list with.  This is especially
> likely if you mail from several addresses or domains and have changed
> addresses in the recent past.  I'm guessing that your originating
> address was NC state and/or scyld, not duke.edu.

The sending address and my list address do match.  Have you ever noticed
how sometimes there's no new mail for the beowulf list?  Then 30 minutes
later there are over 20 new mails that were sent over a period of
several hours?  I've noticed it more than once.

For more evidence, take a look at the headers of some random posts from
different people.  Most of them stay in scyld's system for several
hours.