[Beowulf] Re: torus versus (fat) tree topologies

Steffen Persvold sp at scali.com
Sun Nov 21 09:44:28 PST 2004

On Sun, 2004-11-21 at 10:45 -0700, Craig Tierney wrote:
[]

> I don't have exact pricing for Infiniband but I wouldn't pay
> more than $1000 per port for a complete system (card/cables/switches)
> for a large system (requiring more than 1 switch).  If vendor
> A won't do it, just go ask vendor B.

Which is one of the nice things about InfiniBand, industry standard;
more vendors more competition.

Don't get me wrong, personally I like all the other interconnects also
for their respective technological advantages.

We should also begin to see multiple RNIC (RDMA over Ethernet) vendors
in the HPTC interconnect market very soon.

Regards,
Steffen Persvold