[Beowulf] Interview for school paper on clustering

Robert G. Brown rgb at phy.duke.edu
Fri Nov 5 13:53:02 PST 2004

On Fri, 5 Nov 2004, Douglas Eadline, Cluster World Magazine wrote:

> On Wed, 3 Nov 2004 carterp at onid.orst.edu wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > I need to write a paper for my Technical Writing class on computer clustering,
> > and I'm supposed to interview someone for my paper. The paper will be about
> > using clusters for scientific computing. It's not specifically about Beowulf
> > clusters. Is there someone who has experience in clustering computers,
> > preferably for scientific applications, who would be willing to answer a few
> > questions by email (or phone)? I would have the questions this weekend, and I
> > would need a reply by the middle of next week. Thanks.
>
> I nominate Robert Brown, although there are many on this list who
> you could also interview, many people will be in Pittsburgh next
> week for SC04.
>
> His email is  Robert G. Brown <rgb at phy.duke.edu>

Oh cruelty, thy name is DEadline.  Here I am struggling to actually make
today's CWM deadline (gee, what a strange coincidence in name:-) and my
own editor volunteers me...

Seriously, I'd be happy to be interviewed, and answer questions like
this all the time.  I'd prefer email to phone, though, so I can finish
my column Real Soon Now...

   rgb