[Beowulf] how useful is bproc, and what does Scyld cost?

Andrew Piskorski atp at piskorski.com
Wed May 26 08:45:57 PDT 2004

On Wed, May 26, 2004 at 08:14:25AM -0700, Keith Murphy wrote:
> I believe that Linux Labs www.linuxlabs.com has a bproc distro called
> Nimbus.

  http://www.linuxlabs.com/nimbus.html

Ah, and they claim to support both Debian and Red Hat.  Thanks!  Has
anyone here used Nimbus?  Any comments or lessons learned?

Hm, those are also the same folks offering "Clusgres", a clever
sonding hack to run PostgreSQL on a cluster using SCI, which I
commented on elsewhere back in Feb.:

  http://openacs.org/forums/message-view?message_id=128060

Unfortunatley the same complaint I had then still applies, they just
plain don't have all that much real info on their website.  But,
Nimbus does sound promising, so I'll contact them.

--
Andrew Piskorski <atp at piskorski.com>
http://www.piskorski.com/