[Beowulf] cluster on Mellanox Infiniband (fwd)

Joachim Worringen joachim at ccrl-nece.de
Wed Jun 30 01:27:44 PDT 2004

Franz Marini:
> On Wed, 2004-06-23 at 08:22, Emma wrote:
> > --- Franz Marini <franz.marini at mi.infn.it> wrote:
> > > We have a small (6 dual Xeon nodes, plus server)
> > > testbed cluster with
> > > Mellanox Infiniband (switched, obviously).
> > >

> > > So far, it's been really good. We tested the net
> > > performance with SKaMPI4
> > > ( http://liinwww.ira.uka.de/~skampi/ ), the results
> > > should be in the
> > > online db soon, if you want to check them out.
> >
> > Can you notice us when the statistics published
> > online?
> >

> > Thanks,
> > -Bo
>
> Just a quick note to let you know that the results are online.
> The cluster is "Valinor" (yes, Tolkien ;)).

Thanks for putting these numbers online. I took a quick glance at the usual
values and have to admit that I am not really impressed - a minimal latency
of about 15us is not exactly state of the art.

However, it seems that Skampi produces "different" numbers than other
benchmarks (as usual...). Do you have numbers for mpptest available? And what
about running 2 processes per node?

 Joachim

--
Joachim Worringen - NEC C&C research lab St.Augustin
fon +49-2241-9252.20 - fax .99 - http://www.ccrl-nece.de