[Beowulf] VIA C3 benchmarks?

Wed Jun 23 14:54:25 PDT 2004

hi ya gardner,jim

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004, Gardner C. Pomper wrote:

> I don't have numbers, but I would be very interested in them too. I imagine that the guy who did this:
>
> http://www.mini-itx.com/projects/cluster/
> > probably has some. Hopefully he will share them with the list.

numbers would vary depending on the mb and cpu ??

	mini-itx comes in c3-500 fanless or c3-800 or c3-1G cpus

	other mini-itx mb can support p4-3G w/ 533FSB

<shameless plug below>

==
== *.edu or *.gov entities are encouraged to email us offline
==

we're working on a 4U chassis that supports 10 mini-itx mb running off
+12v @6A input per blade ( one big whopping 2U power supply is good enuff)
	10 blades per 4U chassis --> 60A @ +12V
	40 blades per 1U rack -----> 600A @ +12v ( not trivial ? )

	each blade can hold 2 disks or 4 disks ( 1.2TB per blade )

- blades can be one mb per blade or 2 mb per blade

	http://itx-blades.net/gif.blades/BLADE.jpg
	( each fully loaded 4U expected to weigh about 200lbs )

we're looking for beta site for testing that the systems can stay up
and running w/o any problems
	- its our 1st pass of metal ( and probably requires some tweeks )

- please reply offline if you want to arrange some (free) eval time
	- metal work "could" be free
	- you add mb, disk, cpu-if-needed, memory, power supply,
	fans-if-needed

- inexpensive mini-itx mb ( cluster )
	$ 100	mini-itx mb
	$ 120	512MB of memory