[Beowulf] SLC3

Rafael Garcia Leiva angel.leiva at uam.es
Sun Jun 20 23:54:16 PDT 2004

On Thursday 17 June 2004 03:50, Eray Ozkural wrote:

> Which beowulf software solution makes it easiest to install a node from
> scratch? (Using magic floppy or netboot...) This is our most important
> criterion for a modest research cluster we will be soon building.

You can try Quattor, the automatic installation and configuration tool used at
CERN computing centre (see http://www.quattor.org). Quattor includes an
Automatic Installation Infrastructure (AII), based on DHCP, PXELinux and
Kickstart. But AII is a general framework that can include, in the future,
other installations tools and UNIX/Linux flavors.

Best regards

--
Rafael Angel Garcia Leiva
Universidad Autonoma Madrid