[Beowulf] Re: Redmond is at it, again

Camm Maguire camm at enhanced.com
Mon Jun 14 15:52:52 PDT 2004

Greetings!

Dale Amon <amon at vnl.com> writes:

> On Mon, Jun 14, 2004 at 01:25:44PM -0400, Camm Maguire wrote:
> > > A smart person with know-how will get rich on selling a system that is
> > > free of charge.
> >
> > :-)  Also worth noting -- A smart person can in many cases maximize
> > their personal utility by contributing to a community-based software
> > development infrastructure in their area of specialty.
>
> Eating is nice too.

I eat.  :-) But you are right in that one needs to balance one's time.
The need for such a balance is not typically an argument in favor of
no community collaboration at all, especially in light of the
significant but non-monetized benefits we all enjoy when everyone
pitches in just a bit.

Take care,

Camm Maguire			     			camm at enhanced.com