[Beowulf] Redmond is at it, again

Toon Moene toon at moene.indiv.nluug.nl
Sat Jun 12 05:19:43 PDT 2004

Joe Landman wrote:

> On Wed, 2004-06-02 at 13:09, Martin WHEELER wrote:

>>Why?  (Genuinely curious.  As a European working in a European
>>environment, the *last* distribution I consider using is usually RH.
>>Horses for courses, probably.)

> Application support.  ISV's like to write their application once, not
> qualify it against Fred's basement linux distro that happens to be the
> flavor of the month.

> Few if any commercial folks are going to target Debian.  This is not a
> troll.

Well, your opinion might not be a troll, but Debian certainly isn't
"Fred's basement Linux distro that happens to be the flavor of the month".

Debian wooshed past its tenth birthday last year.

Of course, every vendor has the right to wait until his customers are
going to vote with their wallets ...

--
Toon Moene - mailto:toon at moene.indiv.nluug.nl - phoneto: +31 346 214290
A maintainer of GNU Fortran 95: http://gcc.gnu.org/fortran/