[Beowulf] PBS node properties (was: AMD/Opteron)

S Senator sts at senator.net
Sat Jun 5 15:03:17 PDT 2004

Do you set this as a per-node MOM property or as a global property with
a hand-set at creation value?

I've got a cluster with cpu_speed defined as a global property
(currently = 1000 or 2800, units are Mhz).
Then I set the node_group_key to be cpu_speed. My purpose is that if a
user explicitly asks for a set of
cpu's that's what they get. If they don't ask for any specific speed,
they will be scheduled onto as many as they ask for. However, I want
them to be homogenous within the job request if at all possible.
However, I don't see PBS honoring this property.