[Beowulf] KVM to a compute node - ssh

Wed Jun 2 09:57:28 PDT 2004

hi ya

On Wed, 2 Jun 2004, Robert G. Brown wrote:

> My own experience with serial consoles is that they suck.  I've used
> KVM's but they get expensive when you have lots of nodes.  I think that
> the best solution these days is to:

- how about simple ssh ???
	- no cables .. no switches ??

- or one roll-around cart from the local office supply store with a
  monitor and keyboard and a chair :-)
	( assuming you have room to get behind and connect the cables
	( from the cart to the node in question

- only time you need a kb and video is when the system needs to be
  rebooted and you want to see the boot up messages and/or get into the
  bios

isn't linuxbios supposed to be able to allow serial console for boot
messages and bios settings ??

c ya
alvin