[Beowulf] Benchmarking?

daniel.kidger at quadrics.com daniel.kidger at quadrics.com
Wed Jul 28 15:04:47 PDT 2004

sigh.

Linpack is ubiquitous - just look for 'xhpl' in Google.
It will take you to http://www.netlib.org/benchmark/hpl/
Unfortunately this benchmark does not test all aspects of a high performance cluster. Most notably it doesn't really stress MPI, such that most high performance interconnect solutions (IBA, Myrinet, Quadrics et al. [*])  would give fairly similar performance figures.

Yours,
Daniel.

ps. [*] yes I do work for one of those vendors

Dr. Dan Kidger, Quadrics Ltd.      daniel.kidger at quadrics.com
One Bridewell St., Bristol, BS1 2AA, UK         0117 915 5505