[Beowulf] Q: Cooling units? Raised floors? General machine room stuff..

John Hearns john.hearns at clustervision.com
Fri Jul 2 07:32:43 PDT 2004

On Fri, 2 Jul 2004, Robert G. Brown wrote:

> On Fri, 2 Jul 2004, Jim Lux wrote:
>
> cable to keep your ears warm, exclude room noise (likely considerable),
> and let you listen to that 20 GB ogg collection we know that you've got
> squirrelled away somewhere while working...;-)
Great idea.
I've been working in front of a 46-node dual Xeon cluster for the
last couple of days. The noise is getting to me.

> A phone.  One with a really loud ringer or even a blinking light ringer,
> if your AC is as loud as ours.
Agreed - I missed a call earlier, and my mobile was in my pocket.

> He says as he prepares to descend into the bowels of the physics
> department to work in OUR cluster/server room... sigh.  Comfort is key.

Of course, if outfitting the ultimate server room,
the 19inch rack mount fridge is high on the list
http://www.canford.co.uk/commerce/productdetails.aspx?productid=13-022

And I'm sure you can spare 4U for the wine rack
http://www.canford.co.uk/commerce/productdetails.aspx?productid=11-231