[Beowulf] Re: looking for a switch to purchase (Michael R. Hines)

Maurice Hilarius maurice at harddata.com
Fri Dec 17 21:20:59 PST 2004

The DLink DGS-1224T is a pretty good bang for the buck.
24 ports of GbE, 2 uplinks, and right on your budget point of $500

>Hi everyone,
>
>         I'm a graduate student at Florida State University and I'm looking
>to buy a basic, level 2  gigabit switch that supports jumbo frames. I only
>need a few ports on this switch: no more than 16, really.
>
> From the searching on the internet I've been doing, I'm having trouble
>understanding exactly how to eliminate the switches from different
>companies. There are tons of them, and many of them have support for other
>levels, ( 3 through 7), which I don't really need.
>
>My price range is a maximum of $500.
>
>Anyone have any suggestions? Your help is much appreciated.

>Michael R. Hines

With our best regards,

Maurice W. Hilarius        Telephone: 01-780-456-9771
Hard Data Ltd.  FAX:       01-780-456-9772
11060 - 166 Avenue         email:maurice at harddata.com
Edmonton, AB, Canada       http://www.harddata.com/
   T5X 1Y3

This email, message, and content, should be considered confidential,
and is the copyrighted property of Hard Data Ltd., unless stated otherwise.