[Beowulf] Memory for Athlon64

Maurice Hilarius maurice at harddata.com
Wed Dec 15 00:00:27 PST 2004

Since this topic came up last week I tripped over an article that may be
useful to many:
http://www.lostcircuits.com/memory/reg_ddr/

Also, earlier I had stated that the S754 and S939 Athlon64 CPUs could
not use ECC RAM.
I stand corrected.
However few  maybe none) of the motherboard makers provide for this in
the BIOS.
The assumption is probably that if you want ECC, you want an Opteron board.

At present Opterons and Athlon64 FX CPUs REQUIRE ECC RAM.

With our best regards,

Maurice W. Hilarius        Telephone: 01-780-456-9771
Hard Data Ltd.  FAX:       01-780-456-9772
11060 - 166 Avenue         email:maurice at harddata.com
Edmonton, AB, Canada       http://www.harddata.com/
   T5X 1Y3

This email, message, and content, should be considered confidential,
and is the copyrighted property of Hard Data Ltd., unless stated otherwise.