[Beowulf] History of Beowulf Computing

Robert G. Brown rgb at phy.duke.edu
Sat Dec 11 14:37:47 PST 2004

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004, Timo Mechler wrote:

> Hello,
> I'm going to be writing a paper on Beowulf and Clustered Computing and its
> applications.  I'm specifically looking for some resources that share a
> little bit about the History of Beowulf and Clustered Computing.  If
> someone knows of any papers or online articles I could check out, please
> let me know.  Thanks in advance for your help.

There are actually quite a few resources available, but you'll probably
have to google some to find them.

The beowulf site has a short history:

I've archived the following from a mirror/snapshot of the much earlier
beowulf site:

Then there are various articles published in online interviews and
articles, e.g. --

(and others google turns up with e.g. "don becker beowulf history" or
other nifty strings).

There's probably a similar but less authoritative blurb on this in my
online book, too.