[Beowulf] problem in mounting

Kumaran Rajaram kums at mpi.mpi-softtech.com
Mon Dec 6 11:37:53 PST 2004

   You need to export the file system/directories on the server
(exportfs -ra). Also, make sure to start the nfs services on the
clients (on redhat: service nfs start). Also, remove the leading dot in
your exportfs entry (see below)

On Mon, 6 Dec 2004, akhtar Rasool wrote:

> hi,
> i m unable to share the /home of server. when i  mount -a on the slave an error is generated
> mount: host1:/home failed, reason given by server: permission denied
> the /etc/hosts  files on both  server and slave r same.
> on the server the contents of file /etc/exports   are
> /home *.,sync,no_root_squash)

should be
/home *(rw,sync,no_root_squash)

  If necessary, stop the iptables service.