[Beowulf] Re:Gaussian in parallel (Geoff Galitz)

Donald Kinghorn kinghorn at pqs-chem.com
Thu Dec 2 09:06:40 PST 2004

OK, I'll concede that :-) I've done quite a few Gaussian installs for people,
binary and source. It's true that I have never had one that didn't give me
some kind of trouble (usually different trouble from the last install)
However, I've always managed to get it working. The first thing I do now days
is go in and change their install scripts because I don't use csh (and I
don't see why anyone would  ...no flames please :-)

But, there are worse installs. I'm always stunned  when scientific code builds
and installs  without a hitch.

Best wishes to all
-Don