[Beowulf] 96 Processors Under Your Desktop (fwd from brian-slashdotnews at hyperreal.org)

Russell Nordquist rdn at uchicago.edu
Mon Aug 30 11:08:27 PDT 2004

I find two things interesting. 1) The top brass at Orion are from
Transmeta 2) This is not shared memory setup, but ethernet connected. So
latency will be an issue....

Does anyone have any idea haw the Efficeon's stack up against Opterons?
A quad cpu opteron comes in at a similar price as Orion's 12 cpu unit,
but the opeteon is a faster chips and has shared mem. The Orion DT-12
lists a 16 Gflop linpack. Does anyone have quad Opteron linpack results?
russell