[Beowulf] Good Grid Computing classes?

Glen Gardner Glen.Gardner at verizon.net
Fri Aug 13 15:07:46 PDT 2004

There really are not many courses around for this kind of thing. Most
newer concepts don't have a textbook yet.

One way to learn is to build a couple of small clusters and put them on
a network such that the latency between them is high enough to represent
a distance of some miles.

Then install your favorite parallel software (mpich, etc) and your
favorite gridding tools (globus toolkit, perhaps) and try using both
clusters from a computer on the same high latency network.

If you are a person with a bold heart you might just put a cluster up,
and hook it to a web server elsewhere on the internet and see if you can
make it provide some useful service.