serial console system comparison

Gary Stiehr gary at umsl.edu
Thu Mar 27 10:54:14 PST 2003

Hi,
	We have used the RAS2000 and have had no problems with it.  I can
access the consoles of each of the connected systems. It was much more
work to set up RedHat Linux to use a serial console than it was to set
up the RAS2000.  If you do go with RAS2000, don't forget to read the
"Tipmenu Release Notes" which will be one of the most helpful of the
documents.  I have not had the opportunity to work with any other serial
console systems, however, so I don't know how they compare.  I hope this
helps.

--
Gary Stiehr
gary at umsl.edu