semget failed for setnum

Ricardo hraa at lncc.br
Mon Mar 24 09:04:45 PST 2003

Hi

Anybody knows what this message means?

The server is SMP, N nodes are single processor and K nodes are SMP. Mpich-1.2.5 was compiled --with-comm=shared.
When I try to run in the server I receive this message:

> mpirun -np 1 program
p0_29981:  p4_error: semget failed for setnum: 0

But when I run (in the server) using only nodes (-nolocal), everything looks ok (whith no-smp and smp nodes).
I tried to put the server in the machines file, but without success. When I execute in the node (rlogin and mpirun ....) without -nolocal it runs without problem.

The Cluster configuration is:

Server - Slackware 8.1 / 2.4.18
Nodes - Slackware 8.1 / 2.4.20

How to solve this problem?