synchronizing sound cards in a cluster

Jim Lux James.P.Lux at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Mar 13 16:41:09 PST 2003

OK folks, I should clarify my original desire... in keeping with the mass
market consumer product, I was wondering if it could be done with the
ubiquitous on-board sound interface on the mobo.

Clearly, one can go out and buy (for fairly reasonable prices) digital
audio interfaces with as many channels as you might want, and with external
sync, SMPTE time codes, etc. (thanks to the burgeoning home recording
market, I think...)

It was the "how to use something you've already got for free" desire that
prompted the inquiry...

Lots of great suggestions so far.. and some good places to go look for
timing latency data.