kill a watt?

Patrick Geoffray patrick at myri.com
Tue Mar 11 15:06:44 PST 2003

On Tue, 2003-03-11 at 16:55, Robert G. Brown wrote:
> As I said before, if y'all want to wait 2-3 days before ordering, I'd be
> happy to give at least a short report on the device as soon as I receive
> it.  As in, well made/cheap, works/broken out of box, horribly exciting
> or rather dull (but useful) or useless as the case may be.

I got one from EFI about 2 months ago. I wanted to understand why my
electricity bill was so outrageous in the winter.

It worked fine out of the box, you don't even need to read the manual. I
used it to check the consumption of almost everything electric in my
house. You can use it to check the immediate consumption, but it also
accumulates it as long as it is plugged.

It's easy to use and it seems robust. The only problem may be the
limitation of 3KW (AFAIR) on the measured output.

Patrick
--

Patrick Geoffray, PhD
Myricom, Inc.