kill a watt?

Robert G. Brown rgb at
Tue Mar 11 05:32:03 PST 2003

On Sun, 9 Mar 2003, Mark Hahn wrote:

> the name is aweful, I know, but has anyone tried:
> it liiks like a nice (cheap) way to take the guesswork out of
> how much power a cluster node is drawing.  admittedly, it would
> be nicer if it had a serial/net/usb port, but...
> given that it apparently measures V, f and PF, does that mean it'll
> be hip to the true-rms thing?

I don't know, but based on the information in this and the reply, I
ordered one from EIP yesterday.  For $45 shipped, I've spent more on
surge protectors and multimeters and if it works (even with a bit of
Kentucky Windage) it will fill a need I've had for years.

It could get here as early as tomorrow (they claim it shipped yesterday,
and shipping usually takes 2-3 days) so perhaps I'll be able to play and

Robert G. Brown
Duke University Dept. of Physics, Box 90305
Durham, N.C. 27708-0305
Phone: 1-919-660-2567  Fax: 919-660-2525     email:rgb at