Building a beowulf with old computers

ds10025 at cam.ac.uk ds10025 at cam.ac.uk
Mon Mar 10 00:53:56 PST 2003

Good morning

Where can I download a free copy of Scyld's Beowulf Cluster ? I found
so-far that you have to pay for this software.

To save money the Master node will be use to monitor beowulf cluster, and
as a Redhat server to run other applications. If I use Scyld, with the
modified Kernal. Will I still be able to use the computer as a normal Linux
server?

Without GUI I can get the installation down to approx 700MB, what is the
the min installation required for each node? I've been spending some time
experimented and looking for a list. Has anyone installed redhat with less
than 700MB?

Thanks again

Dan