Building a beowulf with old computers

David Farrell farrelde at clarkson.edu
Sun Mar 9 10:45:40 PST 2003

I would reccomend a source based linux distro, like Gentoo, because you can
get a very lean install, however, 1 GB is very tight. You can save a lot by
not installing any GUI based items. a simple system can be put together
using a shared home directory and SSH or rsh for internodal communications,
and a free MPI implementation like LAM-MPI, or any one of the others that
exist.

Dave Farrell