On gigabit NIC cards

cjereme at ucla.edu cjereme at ucla.edu
Tue Jan 28 13:11:57 PST 2003

Hello All,

The lab i work for is planning to upgrade to regular Base T10/100 card to
network
bootable/manageable cards (the floppy is killing us).
We are also thinking of getting gigabit ethernet cards even though we
can't afford to
buy gigabit switches right now, we might be able to get sone in the
future (w/ prices
down and all)

I was hoping people will suggest some brands that are: network bootable,
gigabit nic
w/c is backwards compatible to Base T 10/100 and has generally performed
well for their
clusters. (and with a decent return policy too)

Thanks,

Christine