Fortran compiler for Linux

Marnix Petrarca Marnix at GBNetworks.com
Fri Jan 17 00:32:52 PST 2003

Hi,

have you looked at Lahey Fortan yet? They have a very good Fortran compiler
for Linux, and they also have experience in the cluster corner - berowulf
specifically. I know NASA for one uses it..check it out.. www.lahey.com, Tom
Lahey knows his stuff..

-M

----- Original Message -----
From: <beowulf-admin at beowulf.org>
To: "Roland Krause" <rokrau at yahoo.com>
Cc: <beowulf at beowulf.org>
Sent: 17 January, 2003 04:38
Subject: Re: Fortran compiler for Linux

> I have gotten gcc-3.2 and g77-3.2 working even under RH6.2 by
> compiling from source. However, normally, I use Debian and go into
> the testing and ustable distributions. g77-3.2 seems very stable.
>
> Art Edwards
>
> On Thu, Jan 16, 2003 at 04:55:17PM -0800, Roland Krause wrote:
> > Hi,
> > can anybody here recommend a Fortran compiler for Linux? I have
> > Redhat-8.0 installed and I am porting a large numerics code from
> > Solaris to Linux. This going to run on a WS cluster in parallel with
> > MPICH.
> >
> > I have tried Portland Group, it's crap, buggy as hell, the OpenMP
> > version of the code gives wrong results at some points even, it's slow
> > IO kills the performance.
> >
> > Intel doesnt run on Redhat-8 since there is no support for it yet.
> >
> > Or should I go back to Redhat-7.3? Any chance to get the gcc-3.2
> > compilers to run on older Redhat distros?
> >
> > What do people here use? g77? How about OpenMP precompilers? Anything
> > that will work with GNU tools?
> >
> > Thanks in advance for your recommendations.
> >
> > Roland

> --
> Art Edwards
> Senior Research Physicist
> Air Force Research Laboratory
> Electronics Foundations Branch
> KAFB, New Mexico
>
> (505) 853-6042 (v)
> (505) 846-2290 (f)

> This email has been scanned for all viruses by the MessageLabs SkyScan
> service. A possible virus has been removed from this email message.

The information contained in this electronic mail message is privileged
and confidential, and is intended only for use of the addressee. If you
are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or other use of this
communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender by reply transmission and delete the message without copying or disclosing it.

service. Any possible virus has been removed from this email message.