Gateway problems in beowulf cluster

Angelos Molfetas amolfetas at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 4 00:05:39 PST 2003

Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has had any problems with
getting Channel bonding working with iptables?

I am currently trying to configure a linux box which
acts as a gateway between our Beowulf cluster (channel
bonded) and the university network (single fast
ethernet). I trying to join (using SNAT/DNAT) the
gateway's public IP address with the master private IP
address. This way users can just ssh to the gateway
and it will automatically connect them to master node.

I don't think the problem is with my iptables scripts
as they run properly when the beowulf cluster is
running in single NIC mode. As soon, as we switch
channel bonding on, it refuses to work.

I suspect that the linux kernel has problems routing
packets between a channel bonded interfaces (bond0
[eth1 + eth2] for example) and a single NIC interfaces
(eth0 for example).

I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar
problem in their beowulf building experience.

Thanks,

Angelos

- What's on at your local cinema?