PBS Scheduler

Ivan Oleynik oleynik at chuma.cas.usf.edu
Sun Sep 29 18:04:37 PDT 2002

Joseph,

Thanks very much for your reply. I made the following changes to
xinted.conf file:

instances 200 (original value - 60)
cps 50 30 (original values 25 30 )

First run of my test went well with no problem reported from pbs
scheduler. But during the second run the same problem has appeared:
pbs_scheduler went down.

Do you think that the above parameters are not large enough to keep the
nfs traffic from 36 processors simultaneously writing 300 Mb per
processor?

Ivan

Ivan I. Oleynik                       E-mail : oleynik at chuma.cas.usf.edu
Department of Physics
University of South Florida
4202 East Fowler Avenue                  Tel : (813) 974-8186
Tampa, Florida 33620-5700                Fax : (813) 974-5813