Lab to sample Linux for weapons work

Brian D. Ropers-Huilman bropers at
Thu Sep 26 14:03:23 PDT 2002

> The DOE program has underwritten many of the world's fastest computers,
> according to university researchers who monitor raw calculation speed at
> the Top500 organization. The program has underwritten Nos. 2, 6, 7, 9, 11,
> and 15 on the most recent ranking.

I wanted to jump up and down and say "_OUR_ machine isn't funded by the
DOE, and _WE_ are number 11 on the list." But, the list hasn't been
updated, not until early November, at which point I'm sure we'll fall a
little futher down.

On the current list (June 2002, we would be 11th at 2.207 TF.

Brian D. Ropers-Huilman                   (225) 578-0461 (V)
Systems Administrator                     (225) 578-6400 (F)
Office of Computing Services              brian at
High Performance Computing
Fred Frey Building, Rm. 201, E-1Q                             \o/
Louisiana State University                      --  __o   /    |
Baton Rouge, LA 70803-1900                     --- `\<,  /    `\\,
                                                   O/ O /     O/ O