networking options

Joachim Worringen joachim at ccrl-nece.de
Tue Sep 24 14:18:36 PDT 2002

Richard Walsh:
> Whoops ... down is not alway bad ... in my prior note
> I meant gets worse (grows larger quickly).

> >SCI's switchless latency drops off steeply as you scale to largish
> >(> 128 nodes) sizes ...  you can of course use SCI switches to reduce

Do you have an example for this? AFAIK, the hop latency for each SCI node
in-between is a few ns, and with a 128 node cluster in 3D topology, you would
never pass more than about 15 nodes. Numbers from a real, busy cluster would
be helpful.

 Joachim

--
Joachim Worringen - NEC C&C research lab St.Augustin
fon +49-2241-9252.20 - fax .99 - http://www.ccrl-nece.de