Performance evaluation

Brian Haymore brian at chpc.utah.edu
Fri Sep 20 15:39:55 PDT 2002

We run mm5 jobs here at the Univ of Utah.  In our initial tests we found
mm5 to need a lower latency network then ethernet seems to offer.  We
currently run over Giganet's VIA hardware at a 2x speedup over our
initial runs over ethernet.  We also tested Myrinet, though an older rev
then the 2000 product, and found similar speedups.  I can get you more
detailed info if you need it, let me know.