sd_mod SCSI id probe

Jose Celestino japc at co.sapo.pt
Thu Sep 5 04:26:00 PDT 2002

Hi, how can I get the SCSI system (sd_mod?) to stop scanning at Id 0,
that this, to only scan Id 0 and then stop.

The problem is that it finds:

Attached scsi disk sda at scsi0, channel 0, id 0, lun 1
Attached scsi disk sdb at scsi0, channel 0, id 0, lun 2
Attached scsi disk sdc at scsi0, channel 0, id 1, lun 1
Attached scsi disk sdd at scsi0, channel 0, id 1, lun 2

Additional sense indicates Logical unit not ready,initializing cmd.
required
sdb : block size assumed to be 512 bytes, disk size 1GB.
 sdb:SCSI disk error : host 0 channel 0 id 0 lun 2 return code = 70022
  I/O error: dev 08:10, sector 0
	SCSI disk error : host 0 channel 0 id 0 lun 2 return code = 70022
	 I/O error: dev 08:10, sector 2
	 SCSI disk error : host 0 channel 0 id 0 lun 2 return code = 70022
	  I/O error: dev 08:10, sector 4
		SCSI disk error : host 0 channel 0 id 0 lun 2 return code = 70022

and it hangs for a long, long time with sd_mod in mode "(initializing)".

TIA.

--
Jose Celestino <japc at co.sapo.pt>