thermal kill switch

Ken Chase math at
Wed Oct 23 13:30:03 PDT 2002

On Wed, Oct 23, 2002 at 08:35:57AM -0500, Ray Muno's all...

> For another DIY alternative, you could set up room monitoring with
> a Lego Mindstorms RCX, Lego temperature sensor and Vision Command
> USB camera.  You could do this for about $250. Everything runs under
> Linux. The camera works with xawtv.  The touch sensors could be used
> to monitor if the door has been opened.  (I am coaching a Lego League
> team right now and I came to the realization that I could do everything
> my expensive netbotz unit does with a fancy toy ;-)

Hell, we had a project which had a camera on something and we had
to notice a change. Pretty easy - you get a framegrab and you test
certain areas of the frame for specific colours (or colour changes). You
could even watch an analog thermometer this way ;)