Gigabyte GA-8IHXP / Realtek RTL8100BL Problem

Hao He haohe at me1.eng.wayne.edu
Thu Oct 10 23:52:21 PDT 2002

Hi, there.

Sorry to bother you via group email.
I got two Gagabyte GA-8IHXP Mother boards (ver 3.0).
I installed win xp on one and win 2000 on another one.
On both Mobo I found that the integrated network card (Realtek RTL8100BL) doesn't work at all,
although it is shown working properly in control panel.
I tried to employ most recent driver for the Mobo BIOS and Realtek controller, but it still doesn't work.
I set the IP address manually. They are assigned by the administrator of our department.
When I tried to ping other PCs, it always failed. It works only when I ping the PC itself.
When I checked the LAN status, I found that the network card sent out many packets but received nothing.

Any advice? Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Hao He