Anyone have information on latest LSU beowulf?

Rocky McGaugh rocky at
Fri Oct 4 07:55:06 PDT 2002

On Mon, 23 Sep 2002, Craig Tierney wrote:

> Does anyone have any information or contacts
> at LSU about their new system?  It is 512 dual
> Xeon 1.8 Ghz connected with Myrinet.
> See:
> Their HPL result is 2.2 Tflops!  Very impressive.
> I wanted to find out more about how they configured their
> system.  What are they using for a batch system?  How are
> they doing their IO?   What HPL settings did they use to
> achieve their result?
> Thanks,
> Craig

They're using PBSPro for the batch system.

For I/O, they are connected to the campus SAN through 8 nodes, and also
have 4 I/O nodes with decently sized RAIDs running PVFS.

Rocky McGaugh
Atipa Technologies
rocky at
rmcgaugh at
1-785-841-9513 x3110
perl -e 'print unpack(u, ".=W=W+F%T:7\!A+F-O;0H`");'