Weird network connection problem

Yudong Tian yudong at hsb.gsfc.nasa.gov
Tue Oct 1 12:12:29 PDT 2002

They are all plugged into 8 identical Netgear 26-port stackable
FSM 726 switches. The bad nodes are scattered on the 8 switches.
I have also seen spooky cases with the bad nodes that some of them
came back online automatically sometime around mid-night,
stayed online for a few hours, then went offline again.