gig ether cards

Robert Latham robl at
Tue Nov 26 09:24:55 PST 2002

On Tue, Nov 26, 2002 at 09:36:14AM -0500, Mike Davis wrote:
> The problem was made worse by the installation of pvfs. Even with the
> most recent version, we could not get dependable performance. We then
> broke channel bonding but seemed to be experiencing pvfs errors at this
> point caused by a lack of bandwith.

Hi mike

let's talk about your pvfs problems on the pvfs-users mailing list
(pvfs-users at  The short story is that we have
never seen a lack of bandwidth cause pvfs errors, but we can help you
figure out what's causing the errors.

> That brings me to the question above. I'm going to renetwork my 64p
> cluster for GigEther. Any advice on cards would be greatly appreciated.

the data's a bit old now, but might be a good starting point for you:

Rob Latham
Argonne National Labs, IL USA                B29D F333 664A 4280 315B